Ohai guyze. Thing is, this new Episode 1.5 is actually both of the original episodes #1 and #2 stuck together, re-cut so they run slightly shorter/smoother and with a new intro. I’m editing the original blog entry so that any newcomers to ADHDcast will get the episodes in their new order: first, Episode Zero, then #1.5, and then #3 and onward.
Come on, we all knew #1 and #2 sucked. This is for your own good. Here are the original blog posts, preserved in their ineptitude for posterity…
So in line with the whole “distractions from my book” theme I’ve been entertaining of late, I now have perpetrated a podcast upon the humans. I call it…
ADHDcast, Episode I: The Random Menace
Yeah, the title is a little pretentious, but it also totally works. Or maybe it’s just that I am totally working it? Dunno. Anyway, I was just going to call it “dCast” because I’ve been referring to Diadae Files as “dBlog” elsewhere, but when I was writing down all the random ideas I had for it I said, “Hah, more like ADHD-cast.” The rest is history.
…and don’t think I don’t realize this podcast was a near failure. Most of you will be less kind and say “psh, near?”, but hey – I tried something, there were lots of mistakes, and I know certain parts aren’t really up to snuff. Next time will be better; I’m looking at cranking more music (and less babbling), interviews, monkeys with swords, all kinds of junk! It’s a work in progress. Anybody who wants to help me out by sending me money for better equipment is welcome to do so!
Thanks in advance for listening! Hopefully even if you weren’t extremely entertained, you at least were distracted from something else even more tedious than my podcast. Later!
(#2) So I gave it another shot. I was going to wait until I could get some more people to join me, but figured hey, I have enough material for a podcast that I’ll just fire one off and save interviews for next time. Mistake or not, the deed is done, and out there for the world to hear.
This episode, along with more music than last time, I wind up talking about beer, 3D printers, Superman and Ninja Turtles, YouTube videos of super epicness, Hunger Games book 3: Mockingjay (spoiler alert!), Mike Jeffries of Abercrombie & Fitch infamy (and how he’s a royal douche), passive racism in comics and blatant racism on the internets, and the definition of the faux-word “gapping”.
Thanks again, and we’ll be back real soon to come close to entertaining you – and perhaps with interviews next time! Won’t that be intriguing? WELL, WON’T IT?! ANSWER ME!
Before I provide the links to download my podcast, we roll the credits:
- Many music selections in this can be downloaded for the low, low price of freeeeee from Kahvi Collective. These include Aairial, id Submerged, and Acrilic Color. Also, the song “I’m Afraid Of You” by The Harmonians featuring Irving Kaufman, which can be found at Archive.org.
- The awesome “Great Barrier Reef” used with permission from the glorious Dinka, whose sultry songs can be purchased from Amazon and from iTunes. And other places, probably. (yes, I realize I misspoke when I said she was Swedish… and when I said she doesn’t have full-length albums out.) Jordan Martyr’s songs “Immaculate And Impotent”, “Push Come To Shove” and “A Light Of Any Name” are available at his Bandcamp. Name your own price, anything from $0 to $bajillion!
- Handy links to crap I mentioned: Cinemassacre; zohar002’s Chrono Trigger rendition; Smooth McGroove’s acapella Bloody Tears; on Twitter, GreyDeLisle, John Barrowman (and team), Jamistarme, wilw, and dinkasound.
- Any questions/suggestions/comments can be submitted to diadae at mail dotkom (that’s an email address I’m spelling out phoenetically to avoid spammbotz), or posted in comments on this blog post. Even if you have audio questions or comments, go right ahead; I can splice them in. Or, as I mentioned in the podcast, quiz me about Goonies and/or Back To The Future!
- This podcast is slightly NSFW due to language (but not very much).
- This podcast clocks in at around 1 hour and 40 minutes in length (that’s a combined length for both episodes).
- ADHDcast is released under Creative Commons.
That stuff out of the way, below you will find links to ADHDpalooza’s freshman and sophomore effort in three handy formats:
Ahem. Take care now, bye bye then.
- ADHDcast #001: The Random Menace (adhdcast.wordpress.com)