Remember how last time I said I was thinking about having a friend on the show for an interview? Well, it kind of expanded into something much larger.
Today’s release features myself, along with co-hosts Garrett Williams (of Ferret Williams fame) and John Waynick (of Galaxy Interactive), both of whom are friends and former bandmates. It stars with me at least attempting to interview people before it quickly falls apart into talking about whatever, though it by no means becomes less entertaining in the process. We were later joined by Joseph Marin and Joe Wilhems, members of John’s game design team and also cool guys. Yes, they are both named Joe.
This episode, The_Boys discuss “ye good ole days”, cartooning (or is that “cartoonisting”? “cartoonistism”?), game design and its many quandaries, eating the neighbors, writing books and short stories, cosplay, secretive projects being created secretly, what on earth a podcast is supposed to actually be, fish tacos, and Angelina Jolie‘s preemptive mastectomy.
Before I provide the links to ADHDcast Numero Trés, we roll the credits:
- Most of the music utilized in this podcast can be found on Archive.org, including but not limited to “Black Bit” by Krang! (which was used as the signature tune), Mindphaser (mostly as background music), and Scott Taylor’s “Sexy Lexy” (because, y’know… John is Mr. Luthor).
- Jordan Martyr’s “Push Come To Shove” is, yet again, available at his Bandcamp. Name your own price, anything from $0 to $bajillion!
- Any questions/suggestions/comments can be submitted to diadae at mail dotkom (that’s an email address I’m spelling out phoenetically to avoid spammbotz), or posted in comments on this blog post. Even if you have audio questions or comments, go right ahead; I can splice them in. This includes questions for any guests, which I’ll bring up next time they’re on the show (if ever… though it’s likely they will be).
- The quality is crap. I tried to configure my recoridng equipment (this means my laptop and headset) so my voice would come in clear, but my mic so quiet I’m almost inaudible. I PROMISE YOU, this will not be the case next time, and I did as much work as possible to fix this episode before it went out, but it’s still not fantastic. Also, I have ordered a better mic. Please bear with me!
- This podcast is slightly NSFW due to language (and some crude humor). Come on, it’s five guys talking. What did you expect?
- This podcast clocks in at 2 hours and 45 minutes. I split it into three chapters for convenience, but there will also be a link to an mp3 of the whole darn thing.
- This podcast is released under Creative Commons.
That stuff out of the way, below you will find links to ADHDcast-O-Rama in three handy formats:
Quick note: if anybody wants to record a little “bump” plugging their own podcast/business/band/one-man-circus, please let me know! Anything to the effect of: “Hi, this is Jim Bob of Jim Bob’s Dry Goods and Wedding Planners, LLC, and you’re listening to ADHDcast! Yay!” Low-quality, high-quality, with or without background music, all of these are irrelevant; just do it and I’ll use it! If the file is too large for an email we’ll figure out a way to get it done!
Well, I hope you enjoy the oddness! Next time, I hope to have my co-authoress “Shade” on board, and possibly a few past guests will return. It’s gonna be a kick in a glass!
- ADHDcast #001: The Random Menace (adhdcast.wordpress.com)
- ADHDcast #002: Cast Hard With A Vengeance (adhdcast.wordpress.com)