Oh dear. Here we are again discussing everything geek on… ADHDcast!
On this blessed occasion, John Waynick, Brandi Shade, Garrett Williams and Mark Stantz are talking to me for some reason; toward the end, we are also joined briefly by Aedylon Issyrol for the sole purpose of being so metal that he’s UNmetal. Topics include Xbox One and the many mistakes it encompasses, Kickstarter, 3D printers (again), waiting impatiently for your order from a shirt-a-day website to arrive, thrift store finds, Chick-Fil-A versus The Salvation Army, dropping sensitive electronics into beverages multiple times, Bruce Willis, solid state drives, Facebook drama, directions for commuting in Fayetteville, Arkansas (as if they would be useful to anybody), the failings of Garth Brooks, texting badly, whether or not Tom Schalk and Elsbeth are the same person, the color clear, why Maynard James Keenan needs to go back to formula, Joker Poker, awesomeness, and cars growing on trees and coming out of dispensers. Also featuring Sex Advice with Shade!
Unfortunately, to get to this dismal game we need to suffer through the pre-show credits:
- Some of the *free* music utilized in this podcast can be found on Kahvi.org [Data Rebel]. Also, Mindphaser, Scott Taylor, and “Fast Turtle” by Anamanaguchi, which can be found on Archive.org.
- Also, the song “Improbability of Salvation” by Jordan Martyr was used with permission from the artist. Go give him money NOW
- Things mentioned: the (now ended) Name of the Wind playing cards Kickstarter page. Also visit Patrick Rothfuss’s website, and the Albino Dragon homepage.
- The quality is almost decent this time. Mark spent a lot of time clicking, typing and rustling papers (sometimes crumpling them up inches from the microphone). Every effort was made to compensate. Also, Mark is going to be dragged out behind the shed and beaten with a garden rake to learn him good.
- Any questions/suggestions/comments can be submitted to diadae at mail dotkom (that’s an email address I’m spelling out phoenetically to avoid spammbotz), or posted in comments on this blog post. Even if you have audio questions or comments, go right ahead; I can splice them in. This includes questions for any guests, which I’ll bring up next time they’re on the show (if ever… though it’s likely they will be).
- Don’t forget that you can subscribe to my YouTube channel to catch VIDEO versions of the interviews! (WARNING: the clips are unedited and will likely take longer to watch than the audio-only versions that I condense down into my podcast releases.)
- This podcast is NSFW for language and crude humor. At some point, we’re talking about sticking something into a USB port that clearly doesn’t go there.
- This episode clocks in at just barely under 2 hours.
- ADHDcast is released under Creative Commons.
Put your thinking caps on and take your coat off and hang it in the closet as you thrill to these three effervescent formats:
And there we are! Prepare to love us! LOOOOOVE us!
- ADHDcast #001: The Random Menace (adhdcast.wordpress.com)
- ADHDcast #002: Cast Hard With A Vengeance (adhdcast.wordpress.com)
- ADHDcast #003: The Ferret Galaxy (adhdcast.wordpress.com)
- ADHDcast #004: Shades of the Past (adhdcast.wordpress.com)
- ADHDcast #005: Bif in a Blender (adhdcast.wordpress.com)